Thursday, October 7, 2010

Garage Band Projects - "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" and "Let Me Roll It"

In the first few weeks of August, when I first got my Mac, I did a lot of playing around with Garage Band, which is amazing software considering it comes standard on every Mac. In a few weeks' time I created two cover versions of songs from the "Band on the Run" album by Paul McCartney & Wings (I *ahem* "cleverly" decided to title my version of the album "Banana on the Run"). The two songs are "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" and "Let Me Roll It". I tried to imitate the original recordings to the best of my ability, but software limitations as well as my own musical limitations are evident here. Anyway, although everything in these two recordings was created from scratch through Garage Band, in no way do I claim ownership of these two songs. These were simply meant as exercises to get comfortable using Garage Band, and of course to have fun as well!



 "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five"





"Let Me Roll It"


 






No comments:

Post a Comment